Friday, July 31, 2009

There you go, 4 posts per month

WARNING: CRAPS ahead!

When I started writing for this blog many months ago, I set myself a clear goal. A goal to have around 100 posts posted by the end of the first year, which would mean an average of 2 posts per week, or 8 posts per month, or 24 posts per quarter. At a time when everyone was talking about Project 365 and Mars landing, this couldn't seem easier.

Well, I'm glad to announce here that there is no longer a need to track and analyze my performance anymore, as it is shown blatantly at the blog archive that - I have failed miserably. Hmm, maybe not.

Weeks into writing boring and unfathomable posts, I decided to tweak my goal. Yes, even writing two posts per week proved to be too much of a hassle for a pathetic procrastinator like me.

"This is bullshit!" My mind yelled at me. "I can't possibly handle two posts per week, it's too much work!"

"OK, OK." I said. "I'm gonna reduce that by half, one post per week, alright?"

This was good news. Now I only need to do 50 percent of what I'm initially expected to do. Great.

July came. July went. And I'm stuck with 3 posts.

So here I am, writing this piece of crap, in order to fulfill the quota of 4 posts per month. Please don't hate me. I have to do this, seriously, so that my contract won't be terminated by, well, myself.

OK, there you go. End of the crap. Hope you are not choking by now ;p

dog laugh

1 comment: